Here is a short case study and success story on implementing ERP System at Cadbury’s.
Cadbury India is a fully owned subsidy of Kraft Foods Inc. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion, the combined company is the world’s second largest food company, making delicious products for billions of consumers in more than 160countries. They employ approximately 140,000 people and have operations in more than 70 countries.
The ERP initiative was to bring about a completeintegration of the major processes in the business. The major processes being procurement system, finance system, the Human Resources and other departments.These were functioning in a completely decentralised manner. Cadbury’s have four branch operations and 13 manufacturing operations and each had their own systems running in isolation.
Benefits of ERP System specific to Cadbury’s
- Cadbury was on a fast paced growth and could not continue with the existing systems and the pace was too slow due to added inefficiencies down the chain. ERP implementation handled all the issues and added efficiency and guided the fast paced growth.
- Cadbury standardized the processes within the 16 locations.
- The implementation of ERP brought in a new way of warehouse management system and brought in structure to branch offices and the depots.
- The manufacturing in itself had 13 operations and each was operating in a silo. This had increased the work in progress and the integration of the processes has done well for the company.
- The ERP vendor was also selected from among the best in classvendors which helped the process occur in a streamlined fashionand avoided any possible chances of hiccups during the initial implementation phase.
- The system has also been deployed up to the vendors. They have a portal called vendor connect where they can see their inventory movement and make plans accordingly. Hence the restructuring happens not only internally but also across to the supplier which will add on to the benefits for both parties.
Selected and managed well, ERP Systems can bring extrodinary value to any organization and address many challanges being faced. If you’d like to chat about ERP systems or their selection, give ERP Advisers a call today!